Bare Roots intends to play a leading role in developing a resilient and healthy food culture throughout Columbus and the Chattahoochee Valley, aiming to highlight the best ingredients from our region with remarkable hospitality in an inclusive and inspiring environment. We recognize our success is critically tied to community. Therefore we must provide unique, genuine, and positive experiences for everyone who supports us, so they all share positive and inspiring stories about their experiences with our restaurant.
Bare Roots is a place where people make connections—with their body, with others, and with Nature. By understanding connections, we hope you’ll learn to respect the people, places, and processes that all came together to collaborate on a chosen meal. From this respect, everyone will learn why Bare Roots exists and why it’s so important to care in this industry.
We intend to bring assurance to our guests that we have done our best in a given moment. And if we didn’t, then we will hold ourselves accountable and honestly take on the challenge of enhancing our products, services, and overall quality for future guests, employees, etc.
We know the industrialized food system is causing great harm. We can no longer excuse our participation in this toxic and destructive system. If Bare Roots and the Columbus community are to prosper, we must co-create a healthier, more balanced food system.
In order to achieve these goals, our restaurant will embody these core values:
- We are honest, compassionate, smile and laugh often, listen, and will work hard for what’s right.
- Curiosity, imagination, creativity, and fearlessness are integral to our personal and professional education and growth.
- We support anyone who genuinely seeks their optimum potential and lifestyle.
- We celebrate diversity and respect each person’s unique personality.
- Team chemistry is very important, so chronic drama and toxicity will not be tolerated.
- Everything can always be done better, so it’s important we continuously improve our products and services in order to return home proud of what we’ve accomplished.
- Our staff takes responsibility for their actions and language, and we hold ourselves accountable when things don’t turn out as planned. We will learn from our mistakes.
Commitment to the above will ALWAYS guide our thoughts and actions as we improve all aspects of Bare Roots. In addition, we intend to partner with local charities, organizations, and government entities that focus on local food issues, so, together, we make a greater impact on our community than just our restaurant alone.